wDrive firmware v1.0b2 Beta
Posted on November 23, 2019 kboo 0
wDrive new firmware version 1.02 Beta.
1. On screen selection manual
i) Copy the wdmain.dat to the root directory.
2. Integrate Anti-m boot
i) Copy the anti-m.dsk to the root directory.
ii) Boot as usual to on screen manual
iii) Choose desired image by move the cursor
vi) Press CTRL-A to boot the desire image.
The anti-m.dsk can be download from 4am’s page and rename the dsk file to anti-m.dsk
1. Make sure there is no image file selected when boot (since wDrive saved last selected image and retrieve when boot). If there is file selected, UNSELECT it by press DOWN key and then press RESET. Reboot the computer now.
2. After the menu shown, use left/right/up/down key to move the selection pointer. Use letter key to fast navigate to file with filename start with that letter. Use numeric key to direct point to the file labeled by the number.
3. Press RETURN to start boot the selected image.
Note: For Apple iic, this feature only support floppy images(dsk,nib,po,woz,edf). Since the smartport of iic is drive B and wDrive should connect/boot in drive A. This feature cannot boot smartport images(hdv/2mg).
For some apple iis only support uppercase characters, use press CTRL-X to switch to uppercase characters.
To Download the Firmware, go to the following location: wDrive Firmware v1.0b2 Beta
To Install the Firmware Update:
1. Prepare an SD card loaded with the firmware file (wdrive.bin & wdmain.dat) in the root directory of the card.
2. Press and hold both the left and the select key, then reset the wDrive by pushing the reset button.
3. After resetting the wDrive, the wDrive’s display screen should show the message: “Release key….”.
4. Release the keys and the wDrive will start to update the firmware and finally reboot upon completion.